Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow?

"Parting is such sweet sorrow."  This famous line from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet may be cliche and overused, but alas I'm still going to use it here. 

This week I have done nothing but say weepy good-byes to treasured friends, co-workers, and family members.  Rarely is saying good-bye ever a happy event for me, as I get so easily attached to the wonderful people God has put into my life and cry like a baby when it's time to part ways.  If you are reading this blog, that means YOU!  If you all weren't such wonderful people, this wouldn't be so difficult! (Can you see I'm trying to pass the blame here? :) )

Thank YOU for allowing me to journey through life with you, whether it has been for 30 years or just a few months. You have loved me, invested in me, and taught me invaluable lessons about what it means to love deeply, rest securely and live boldly.

What a gift!

In 3 days I will hop on a plane headed for New Zealand, very sad to leave you all behind, yet eager to spy on our good God and discover the creative ways He is already transforming lives and changing the world! The remarkable things about being a missionary is that God's Holy Spirit is already going ahead of me preparing a path for hearts to receive His Gospel, His good news of real life!  We call this "prevenient grace", or the grace of God that goes before us.  It's not up to me to save; that's God's job.  However, it IS my job to lead people right to the Lord and try to remove any obstacles in their path that might deter or hinder them from experiencing the transforming love of Christ that saves them. What exactly that will look like, only God knows.  I am excited to find out!

May the peace of Christ dwell in you this week.
Please continue to follow this blog, as I plan to continue posting at least once a week, if not more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment