Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rock Solid, Sunshine and. . .Fleas?

Don't worry, none of the above are related to each other.  :)

 Rock Solid:
As you may remember, "Rock Solid" is a youth outreach program in which I have recently become involved out in Dargaville, a small rural town about an hour west of Whangarei. Tuesday afternoons are filled with great fellowship, high-energy games, and meaningful God-conversations with 11-13yr olds. Our Lord is in love with 'tweens' and it is our desire that kids fall in love with Jesus and find wholeness that rubs off on those around them, changing their families, schools, and neighborhoods. 
And yes, you'll notice the kids are feeding each other bananas, blindfolded of course.  Isn't that what you normally do?  :-)

Sunshine:  After 3 days of non-stop rain, the sun shone bright and warm yesterday!  Ahhh.  Because we live on the coast of a narrow portion of the North Island of New Zealand, it takes less than an hour to drive from the west coast to the east coast. Weather changes rapidly and most of the time involves rain, but when the sun does shine, it is magnificent and the nearby mountains are a brilliant emerald green.  

Fleas:
For those of you who care, I have a very serious PRAISE to report!  As silly as it sounds, I have now had a full night's sleep for four consecutive nights . . . without waking up in an itching fest at 2AM!  About 20 days ago I somehow acquired dozens of super itchy, annoying flea bites.  They spread all over my body and did not go away for nearly 15 days. 

I tried everything imaginable to get rid of them: allergy medicine, anti-itch creams, washing and rewashing all my clothes and bedding, drinking water upside down, and standing on my hands (oh wait, I do that all the time anyway!).  Anyway, thank the Lord, the fleas are finally leaving me alone and I am sleeping through the nights.  I still have a few bites, but they are decreasing in number and intensity.  Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,
    It was so wonderful to Skype with you when we were in MN!
    Sounds like things are really keeping you busy there, not surprising! :) Glad to hear you are beginning a prayer group, on Monday nights imagine that!! :)
    Blessings and we will stay in touch.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. let me know if the blog link is ok now from www.faithjourneychurch.com

    ReplyDelete