Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pure

Today I depart for another youth camp, this one located at the Otara Marae down in Auckland.  As has been my experience thus far, youth camps can be powerful times of worship, community-building, and self-examination, serving as a catalyst for commitment to the Lord. 

This camp is our Nazarene New Zealand District Youth Camp, where a very multi-cultural mix of students from all over NZ (and all over the globe really) will meet for three days to discover what it means to be "PURE in Body, Mind, and Spirit".  As the speaker for Saturday, I am tackling the topic of purity within the body, with special emphasis on sexual purity.  I would appreciate your prayers for myself and the campers, that God would be lifted high and that His way of abstinence and holiness would be not only be required, but actually desired of the teens and they would see that God's ways are truly the best way to live.

This will also be my first 'road trip' with the brand new New Zealand driver's license where I am behind the wheel down some twisty, turvy roads! (I'm a big girl now!  lol!)

We return Sunday evening, so I will be sure to post photos and updates of all that God did for and through us when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment