Saturday, February 25, 2012

Swimming with the DOLPHINS!!!

An ordinary day at the beach turned extraordinary by the visit of 8 dolphins yesterday!  I ventured out to Wooley's Bay, near Matapouri, with some new friends for a day at the beach.  Boy, were we surprised and thrilled to find the bay full of dolphins swimming in and about the people, flipping and jumping, as if to put on a show and say, "Come out and play!"  It was INCREDIBLE and unlike anything I have ever experienced!  The dolphins swam around us for nearly an hour, as if they wanted our company and didn't want to leave. 

Never in my life have I seen dolphins up close and personal like this.  Unfortunately this video was cut short, due to the limited storage on my camera. Nonethless, you can catch a small glimpse into the fun we had yesterday.  Yes, this is where I live ....beautiful New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment