Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

This blog is a great platform for bragging, bragging about the incredible generosity of the people with whom I work and serve.

Last night we hosted a "Packing Party" for Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan's Purse which blesses kids in need all over the world with gift-filled shoe boxes in Jesus' name!

 Ever since I began my studies at MidAmerica Nazarene University back in 1999, I've had an affinity for this project and have participated nearly every year since.

 This year I had the privilege of leading the project with our local church here in New Zealand and am pleased to report that we donated. . . count 'em. . . .32 boxes!

The goal for Australia and New Zealand this year is 320,000 boxes. We are grateful to have played a part in reaching that goal, because each box touches not only one child, but also the family and the sphere of influence that they represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment