Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kumura Triathlon done and dusted!

Yep, I survived.  In fact, I thrived!
 The Kumura Triathlon this weekend was a very enriching experience and the perfect challenge for me.  Don't get me wrong, it was HARD WORK and quite grueling, but never once did I stop to walk or consider giving up.
The weather was perfect, the scenery just pristine, and the outcome positive.  Though there were well over 100 competitors for the day, only 17 of them were crazy enough to sign up for the adults' long course, including me.  It soon became apparent that I was a fish-out-of-water when I looked around and saw that everyone else   had snazzy lightweight road bikes, full- length aerodynamic tri-suits (super thin, fancy wetsuits made just for events like this) and all the gear to go with it.  Me?  I rocked up with a clunky mountain bike, no swim cap or wetsuit, bright pink sunglasses from the $2 shop, and a general desire to have fun and not die.    

And not die I did. I am proud to say that I came 12th out of 17 with a time of 2:30:03!

Many thanks to my friends Angela and Jes who cheered me on a took photos!
(More photos to come soon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment