Friday, March 21, 2014

New Zealand Diversity


I've been in New Zealand over 2.5 years now and the longer I live here the more intriguing this little country becomes.  New Zealand is making its way into the list of most ethnically diverse places on earth.  In fact, according to the 2013 census, New Zealand actually has more ethnicities than there are countries of the world; 213 to be exact.  (There are currently 196  countries recognized.)  I can see evidence of this in my own sphere of influence.


I recently stopped to think about the ethnic groups represented just among my closest friends here in Whangarei and was quite amazed at what I came up with: Kiwi, Maori, South African, Brazilian, Egyptian, Samoan, English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, Chinese, Korean and American.  And that doesn't count my Fijian students in gymnastics, my Greek next door neighbour, Indian, Tongan and Vanuatu friends in Auckland, or the Croatians who live just down the road!


 What a special thing it is for me to serve and learn in such a place as this!  God loves diversity and creativity and I can't help but imagine what it might be like when Jesus Christ the King of Heaven, finally becomes the king of this earth!  That is why I am here: to make Christlike disciples in the nations. .. and well, there's plenty of "nations" here in good ole' Aotearoa!

In order to continue serving in this amazing place, I need your help in many different ways.  Please see the attached letter about how to can lend support to this ministry and get involved.  

And of course, enjoy some great photos of our beautiful land!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dear Friends and Partners in Ministry,

Kia Ora from Whangarei, New Zealand. Greetings in the strong name of Jesus Christ! Wherever you find yourself reading this message right now, whether shivering in the cold or enjoying the glorious autumn of the southern hemisphere, I extend you three invitations: 


1) Come for a visit to experience life and ministry in New Zealand for yourself!
2) Partner in ministry with me through prayer and financial contribution.
3) Come for a visit to experience life and ministry in New Zealand for yourself! (Oops! Did I already mention that?! :-)


 The Lord has blessed me incredibly and allowed me to serve the people of Whangarei for over 2.5 years now. (You can always read weekly updates and reflections on my blog: http://www.alisonweinstockinnewzealand.blogspot.com). 

Many of you have supported me though financial contributions, letters and emails, and powerful prayers on my behalf. All I can say is "THANK YOU". Impacting this community with the love and power of Jesus Christ is truly a team effort and you are a key member of this team. 

Perhaps you have not been able to give financially in the past, but now you are in a position to do so. If that is you, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to my Global Serve account, which helps to cover some of the costs required for life and ministry here. The Lord is always gracious to provide for me and the people with whom I serve in creative ways and I have no doubt He will continue to do so in the future.

If you are interested in making a financial contribution, you can do so online at this link. You will receive a receipt for tax purposes: 

  
Give Online Here at Alison's Mission Corps Site

As always, prayers are the most powerful gift you can give. Please continue to pray for the people of New Zealand, especially in this year of 2014 as we celebrate the 200th year anniversary of the first gospel message preached in New Zealand.


I look forward to hearing from you and learning how I can pray for you!


"Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me." ~Psalm 66:16


Grace and Peace,
Alison Weinstock
aweinstock1@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment