Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This is my Father's world.


Paddle from Ngunguru to Wellington's Bay
Most Monday evenings I have the privilege of embarking on a new outdoor adventure with a sister in Christ who lives near the coast. 
On any given day we might find ourselves climbing a mountain, kayaking, or just strolling through the forest talking theology and decompressing after a hard week. (Thanks to her artist's eye and steady hand with the camera, we've come out with these stunning photos from the water last night!)
 This is a regular part of my Sabbath-keeping practice, since the rest of the week (especially Sundays) is often hectic and draining as a pastor, youth worker and coach. 

My neighbour's roses
 I had an amazing night kayaking at sunset this week. As time passed by the sky gave off a mysterious, yet comforting glow that seemed to whisper, "This is my Father's world."
Walk from Sandy bay to Whanaki

Whau Valley Dam last Monday








Please enjoy a few photos from the last few weeks and let the words of the beloved hymn, “This Is My Father’s World” remind you that God is not absent from his creation. .. and that includes you!
       
"This is my Father's World" by Maltbie Babcock
Wooleys Bay-March
   This is my Father's world,
               and to my listening ears
               all nature sings, and round me rings 
               the music of the spheres. 
               This is my Father's world: 
               I rest me in the thought
               of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
               his hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father's world,
               the birds their carols raise,
               the morning light,  the lily white
               declare their maker's praise. 

               This is my Father's world: 

               he shines in all that's fair;

               in the rustling grass I hear him pass;

               he speaks to me everywhere.

 This is my Father's world.  

               O let me ne'er forget

               that though the wrong seems oft so strong,

               God is the ruler yet. 

               This is my Father's world: 

               why should my heart be sad? 

               The Lord is King; let the heavens ring! 

               God reigns; let the earth be glad!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment