Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day in the USA

"Operation Surprise" Complete!
 
I nearly sent my parents to the hospital in shock this week after arriving home in Kansas City on Wednesday, two full days earlier than scheduled.  Call me devious if you must, but I really wanted to bless them with a few extra days together,  so I created a false itinerary, organized a trusty accomplice to assist in executing the plan, and set off on a jet plane bound for home!  After resuming a natural heart rhythm, I think they were pleasantly surprised.  He he!

For my fellow Kiwis reading this blog, today is the 4th of July, our American Independence Day.  It is traditionally celebrated with fireworks, a cookout and good clean fun!  I was able to meet up with old friends, fellow missionaries and heaps of other familiar faces. Enjoy the pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment