Thursday, April 9, 2015

Extravagance of Easter- Part 2

The extravagant love of God is what defines Easter.  It always has and it always will.  It is no more and no less than  the celebration of sinless life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, so that you and I could be friends with God.

This year, a tangible and very special expression of this extravagance came to me in the form of an exquisite engagement ring, presented to me by my husband-to-be on Palm Sunday!

For the last two weeks I have been gifted with the presence of Chad Johnson, right here in living colour!  His trip has been a long time in coming, so I cannot tell you how refreshing and thrilling it was to finally have him here in New Zealand, no time zones, Skype screens, or unreliable internet connections with which to contend. To be able to introduce and expose him to my life and ministry here in Whangarei fed my soul and was such a blessing.

We enjoyed a bit of travel with friends, service in Jesus' name, good laughs, and great weather!

He fit in so well with the folks here that everyone wishes he could stay and become a resident Kiwi, as I have. But, our future plans will take us away from this land we call Aotearoa  (me in July), as we pursue marriage and a life together.  Lord willing, Chad and I will return to serve in New Zealand in the future, but the timing is uncertain.

What is certain is our love for God and our love for each other.


Stay tuned for more photos and updates on life and ministry here in Whangarei as I prepare for the transition back to the USA in three months' time.









1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had no idea. I had kept your email connecting to this link in my inbox but only now took a few moments to check out how your Easter celebration went. Congratulations and know that we will be praying for you as you begin this new chapter of your life!
    Blessings on you and Chad!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete